Wednesday, April 6, 2016

Hot Kale and Bacon Dip

Confession: I love kale. I know some people think it tastes like grass, but I almost crave it at times. I guess that's my body's way of telling me I need more super foods and less powdered donuts.
 
Anywho, I've noticed I'm lacking in appetizer recipes so I wanted to try some new ones out. When I saw this recipe for Hot Kale and Bacon Dip, I knew I had to make it. Kale + Bacon = my love language. I made this this past weekend, and Rob and I were fighting over the last bite! It was that good! It is rich (and very similar to Spinach Artichoke Dip...just with kale and bacon), so next time I'd probably make it for a group, just so I don't eat it all in one sitting. Whoops.
 
And if you don't follow What's Gaby Cooking on Instagram, you should! I've made several of her recipes and always love what she puts together.
 
 
Hot Kale and Bacon Dip
{What's Gaby Cooking}
 
18 ounces frozen chopped kale
1 cup mayonnaise
16 ounces sour cream
1 package Knorr Vegetable Mix
4 strips cooked bacon, crumbled
3/4 cup shredded Monterey Jack Cheese
 
Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F. Thaw the frozen kale and squeeze out any excess moisture. Combine the kale, mayo, sour cream, vegetable mix, cooked bacon, and half of the shredded cheese in a medium bowl and stir to combine. Transfer the mixture to a medium sized baking dish and top with the remaining shredded cheese. Bake until bubbly and lightly golden on top, about 20-25 minutes. Let set for 5 minutes before serving. Dig in!
 
**I served it with tortilla chips...I think a thicker cracker, like a Triscuit, would be good too. Also, my grocery didn't have frozen kale. I always buy the 18 oz. pre-shredded package of kale in our produce section. I used the entire package and just sautéed it in olive oil before incorporating it into the recipe. And, true to form, I used more bacon and cheese than the recipe called for...because that's just how I roll.**
 
///
 
Hope everyone has a happy day. I register Lily for kindergarten this morning and am already feeling the tears welling up in my eyes. I can't believe my baby has gotten so big. Hope to see y'all tomorrow...

No comments:

Post a Comment