Monday, April 4, 2016

Weekend Update + Summer Corn Salad

We had a great weekend here...the weather was perfection, so much of it was spent outdoors! We went to our favorite Mexican restaurant Friday night, then we spent a lot of time at our old house on Saturday afternoon...no, we still haven't sold it...sad face. We finally finished emptying the attic and garage and took loads upon loads to Goodwill. We hope with some minor fix-ups, some paint, and the spring market we'll be able to sell it soon. Fingers crossed. Below are some pictures from our weekend...
 
///
 
Hadley loves playing in the kitchen. She is such a little hostess already.
 
 
She is obsessed with ketchup. I have to threaten to take it away from her if she doesn't actually eat her food and only licks the ketchup off. Last night she had a ketchup mustache. Ha!
 


Definitely a princess...she wore the crown almost all day Saturday, and her wand rarely left her side.


///

I had fun at TJ Maxx...the store used to overwhelm me, but now I know which sections to check out. I can't do the clothing section just yet, but the shoe and the home décor areas are my happy place.

I picked up these shoes, which I think will be so pretty and simple with a casual dress or shorts.


And then I've been wanting a bottle of truffle oil. Not sure yet how I'll use it, but I'm excited to look up some recipes and to try it out. Any input?


I wore this all weekend. I just can't get enough of my ripped jeans and any form of slip-on sneakers.


Jeans
Shoes

///

We have curtains! I need to take them down and iron them, but I'm really happy with the way they turned out!


Curtains

///

It's hard to beat spring in Mississippi. It's like everything turns green overnight, and it's just magical. I'm so happy our new home has azalea bushes. They epitomize spring here.


///
 
This has been my favorite wine lately. I'm not a wine connoisseur by any means, but I know what I like and what I don't. This is really light and crisp and is perfect for this time of the year. And every time I go in the liquor store to pick it up I can't seem to find it and want to call it Kim Richards Sauvignon Blanc for some reason...yes, the Beverly Hills housewife who is a recovering alcoholic. My mind plays tricks on me all.the.time.
 
 
///
 
We spent entirely too much time playing around on Snapchat. Why is it so much fun? I have never laughed so hard.
 
Lily looks pretty good goth, huh?
 

And Hadley in full-on drag make-up. I cannot stop laughing...


///

We grilled out burgers for dinner last night, and I wanted a light and fresh side dish...you know, to cancel out the red meat. A Google search later, and I found this recipe for summer corn salad. It was divine...and the colors were so pretty.



Summer Corn Salad
{Foodnetwork.com}

4 ears corn
1 red onion, diced
1 green bell pepper, diced
1 red bell pepper, diced
Handful fresh cilantro, finely chopped
2 to 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
Juice of 1 lime (I used 2)
Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper

Cook corn and remove from cob. Add corn, onions, bell peppers, and cilantro to bowl and mix. In a separate bowl, whisk together the olive oil, lime juice and a pinch of salt and pepper. Dress the corn with the mixture and add additional salt and pepper if needed.

///

I hope everyone has a happy Monday!
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment