Wednesday, February 17, 2016

Life Lately

Life has been very full over here! Here's what's been going on lately...

 
First off, Hadley got tubes yesterday, and she did so well! I am thankful that's behind us. She was such a trooper. We had to be at the hospital at 6:30 yesterday morning, and she couldn't have anything to eat or drink. She was taken back around 8:30, and that's a long time for a 2-year-old to not have anything to eat or drink! About 30 minutes prior to surgery they gave her some liquid Versed to help her relax...I wish I had videoed her on the Versed...she was like a drunk little toddler, swaying back and forth in the bed, eyes squinted trying to take in her surroundings. Post-anesthesia she was not a happy camper, but they say that is common for toddlers...they wake up confused and unable to understand why they feel the way they do. So rather than sleep it off (as adults do), they fuss. I was able to take her home not too long after, and I put her down for a long nap. She slept great and woke up as if nothing had happened. I look forward to seeing what tubes will hopefully do for her!

 
 ///
 
Lily is Star Student this week at her school, and to say she is proud would be a major understatement. She loves being the leader and being first (just like a firstborn!), so she is in her element. We worked hard on her poster, and I had so much fun helping her choose the pictures to use. And to top off Star Student week, she turns 5 tomorrow. I've been busy getting things prepared to make her day special.

 
 ///
 
I've been working around the house a good bit, trying to get everything settled. My parents gave us this plant, and I think it works perfectly in this corner...I always love some greenery.

 
 They also passed down this caneback chair, and it makes me swoon. Seriously. I want to find a throw to drape over the arm, just to add some softness and a little color.


 The living room is really coming together, and right now it's the room we use the most often so this makes me happy. I can't wait to hang artwork, and once that's done I'll post pictures of the finished product!
 
///
 
Also coming along is Lily's bedroom! She's getting a print for above her bed and some string lights for her birthday. I think once those are hung her room will be complete.
 
I fell in love with some bedding at Anthropologie and really wanted to use it in her room. It is so perfect, and I adore their quilts (great quality...last forever), but I just couldn't justify the price for a toddler's room. Le sigh. As always, Target came to the rescue, and I think I pulled something together that is really fun and happy. Most of all, Lily loves it, and I think it's simple enough that she can grow with it over time. And if the bedspread gets ruined, I won't need to sell a kidney to replace it (I'm looking at you Anthropologie quilt)...so that's always a good thing!


 
///

If you're looking for some stylish sunglasses for your toddler, the dollar section at Target has got you covered. I got a pair of these aviators for both girls, and they are seriously the cutest.


 
 ///

I hope everyone has a happy day! I'll be back tomorrow sharing lots of pictures and tidbits about Lily...it's sure to be sappy, and I know I'll cry writing it!


No comments:

Post a Comment