Monday, February 29, 2016

The Oscars!!

What did everyone think of the Oscars? I worked this weekend and didn't get home until 8 last night...but I tried my best to get caught up, and I was really impressed! I thought Chris Rock was both clever and hilarious...I thought they found a perfect way to take a serious subject (why were there no black nominees?) and address it while keeping it funny. I did think some of the jokes went too far, but that's just me...and before I get to the best part (the fashion), I was so happy that Leonardo DiCaprio won...I know every female around my age can identify with me when I say he was my Hollywood crush growing up...

And for my favorite GIF from the night...this is only funny if you've seen or read about the nominated movie The Danish Girl... 


via GIPHY

///

And now for my favorites...

Olivia Munn in Stella McCartney...I love the color, and I love the sleeve. Simply flawless.

Margot Robbie in Tom Ford...she has the best style...I love her hair down too. Makes it seem effortless.

Jennifer Lawrence in Dior...probably my favorite of the evening. Edgy yet beautiful.

Brie Larson in Gucci...the color is stunning, and I like the draping. It's unlike anything I've ever seen.

Naomi Watts in Armani Prive...looks like a mermaid. The colors are exquisite!

///

Love it or hate it...

Olivia Wilde in Valentino...I love it!

Cate Blanchett in Armani...I loved this one too. It's not something I would ever choose if given the option, but it's very Cate Blanchett and very avant-garde.

///

The worst...

Heidi Klum in Marchesa...seriously...purple is my favorite color, and you have to ruin it for me, Heidi.
 
Jennifer Garner in Versace...Jennifer, you are one of the prettiest ladies in Hollywood, and you choose this maw maw dress and this maw maw updo? I really want to see her in something a little edgier.
 
///
 
And I'll leave you with a line from my favorite acceptance speech...given by Pete Docter, the director of Inside Out, after the movie won for Best Animated Feature: "It's OK to feel sad, but when you do, make films, draw, make things. It'll make a world of difference."
 
///
 
I hope everyone has a great day and start to their week! :)



 

No comments:

Post a Comment