Monday, February 22, 2016

Weekend Update

We had a good weekend here, but first...some snippets from Lily's birthday.

///
 
Lily had the best day. The morning started off with powdered sugar donuts for breakfast complete with a candle.


 
She had her party at school that morning, and all her classmates sang and celebrated her...she said she felt so special.
 
We met my mom, aunt, and Lily's cousin Emma at Chick-Fil-A for lunch. Emma is Lily's age, and they have so much fun when they're together!

 
When Rob got home from work later that night we had Lily's favorites for dinner...hot dogs and tater tots. And of course chocolate cupcakes with sprinkles for dessert! Then she opened her presents and later went to bed a 5-year-old...goodness...hard to believe!





///

Rob's parents drove down here on Saturday morning and picked the girls up so they could spend the night with them. It was a fun treat for all of us...the girls had a great time, and Grammy and Grampa had a birthday party for Lily all lined up.
 
Rob has a terrible cold, and he's been super busy with an important project at work. We weren't able to do much together this weekend, as he had to go into the office, but I was able to get a lot done around the house. It was nice to have some time to myself, but I have to admit I always get a pit in my stomach when the girls aren't with me. Just how I am, I guess.

///

I am the world's worst at making time to get my hair cut. I seriously get it cut about twice a year, and I have got to do better because by the time I get it cut I've been going around town looking like I have a rat's nest on my head. Anyway...I had an appointment to get it cut a few weeks ago, and my stylist had a family emergency, so I was excited to finally get it cut. I wanted something shorter and kind of messy, and I brought these photos in for inspiration. And I was really happy with the results! I hope I can somewhat recreate the waves my stylist made...I have no idea how to use a curling iron, but maybe I can YouTube a few videos and figure it out? Any tips?



 
I went thrifting after my hair appointment and scored several ginger jars. The obsession continues! I mean, all of the below for under $25...how could I say no?




I stopped by Lowes and picked up this fun house plant...

 
Rob and I were able to go by a local furniture store and picked out a sofa for our keeping room. It'll be delivered tomorrow, and I can't wait for it to get here so that room will feel more put together.

And then I no lie spent all day yesterday cleaning and doing laundry. It had to be done! The girls were home later in the day, and it was so good to see them again...they had a fun time with their grandparents and brought home lots of treats.

///

OK...I've got to go work on this hair and try to find my curling iron...it's in a box somewhere! Hope everyone has a great Monday and a happy week ahead.



No comments:

Post a Comment