Friday, October 30, 2015

Life Lately

It's Halloween weekend, and I'm excited to see my girls dressed up as Elsa and Anna...we are so creative over here! ;) There's a 100% chance of rain tomorrow so it should be interesting to say the least. I haven't bought Halloween candy yet because everyone knows what happens to Halloween candy when you buy it early...you eat it and then blame the empty bag on your spouse!

///

Lily is in an art class once a week, and I have been so impressed with her creations! She can sit at her art table and color or create for hours...I love this about her. Two of her latest pieces are below...I plan to frame them both!

 


///

The Toys R Us Christmas catalog arrived in the mail, and it's seriously provided hours of entertainment for Lily and Hadley...

Hadley loves doing everything with a stethoscope around her neck...while wearing her new church shoes. I tried them on her after her nap yesterday, and she had a meltdown when I tried to take them off. So we wore them the rest of the day. You know how it goes...


Lily brought the Christmas catalog for some light reading while in the car. Seriously that thing hasn't left her side!


Lily pored through the magazine after it arrived and used a blue marker to mark the things she wants for Christmas. I looked at it with her afterwards, and nearly everything on every page was marked. I had to be the bad guy, reminding her that Santa doesn't bring us everything we want...she seemed to understand, and then I witnessed her pointing out things in the catalog to Hadley: "Hadley, don't you want this My Little Pony house for Christmas? This Frozen castle? This camera? This Lalaloopsy house? This baby doll?" I was laughing so hard, listening to her trying to convince Hadley to ask for the very things that she, in fact, wanted...things Hadley isn't interested in whatsoever. I think she has a future in sales, that one.

///

I'm one of those people who has to have some form of Chapstick with me at all times. Don't even try to get me to go to bed without a glass of water and Chapstick on my nightstand. I've tried a few new ones lately that I've really loved. You can find the Vaseline and Nivea at Target or any drugstore. I ordered the Rosebud Salve from Nordstrom.



 
///
 
Lastly, some funny/some inspiring things to leave with you...
 


 
 ///

I hope everyone has a great weekend! See you back here on Monday...

No comments:

Post a Comment