Thursday, October 1, 2015

Loving Lately

Have y'all seen the Instagram account Socality Barbie? You've got to check it out...I love social media, but I also love how this account pokes fun of how we sometimes set or stage our lives for others to view. The caption on the photo below reads, "Went for a walk in the woods this morning. Couldn't resist the urge to put plant life in front of my face." Hilarious...check it out here: https://instagram.com/socalitybarbie/
 
 
///
 
My name is Lindsey, and I'm addicted to candles. I have one burning almost all the time I'm home, and I love collecting new scents. I picked up this fall candle at Target yesterday, and for $10 it's really good. It's by the makers of the Illume brand of candles...this is just the cheaper, Target version. I'll have this one burning all fall I can already tell.
 
 
///
 
Speaking of Target, have y'all ever tried this beef jerky? It's amazing...comes in several different flavors, but this one is my favorite. It's kind of pricey as far as beef jerky goes, but it's worth it...first, you won't break a tooth eating this kind; second, it's all natural and a good source of protein...I eat it from time to time as a quick snack.
 

///
 
I can't believe today's the first day of October. Seriously, where did September go? I know Mississippians everywhere are rejoicing over the upcoming forecast...it may finally feel like fall here! I am so ready for some cooler temps and can't wait to put up my summer clothes!
 
 
///
 
Ann Taylor Loft is quickly becoming one of my favorite places to shop. I thought it used to be kind of dowdy, but the newest lead designer is really good, in my opinion. Plus, they're almost always having a 40% off sale, so you can get some great pieces for reasonable prices. I have my eye on this scarf right now. Love the tassel trim.
 
 
///
 
Fringe booties are making the rounds this fall, and these are my favorite. They're subtle but still playful...I just can't decide if I'm too old to pull them off?
  
 
///
 
I love collecting wine glasses and dessert plates...the more eclectic, the better. Eventually, I'd love to have some glass cabinet doors in a kitchen to display my collection! I recently ordered these stemless wine glasses from Anthropologie (birthday gift card!) and can't wait to get them in...they're backordered until November, but it'll be a fun surprise when they do get here.
 
 
///
 
I love trendy sneakers. Sneakers to work out in? Not so much...but give me some cute sneakers I can wear with jeans, and I'm all in. I especially love these New Balance ones from J.Crew.
 
 
 ///
 
I used to be a city girl through and through, but I swear as I'm getting older I am drawn more and more to calm, quiet, and peaceful surroundings. This is pretty much my dream house. I could sit on that porch for hours listening to the birds and reading a good book. And don't you know there's a cozy fireplace inside? And don't even get me started on taking a nap under that roof when it's raining...swoon...
 
 
///
 
And, lastly, there's this purple oriental rug. Not sure the source, but I'm in love. Honey & Fitz is easily one of my favorite interior designers to follow. Everything she touches turns to gold. Now if I can get her to come decorate my above dream home in the country, I'll be set! ;)
 
 
///
 
Hope everyone has a great day!


No comments:

Post a Comment