Monday, October 12, 2015

Weekend Update & The Best Tuna Salad

The weather here was perfectly fall-like, so we spent the majority of our weekend outside! It was so nice.
 
Saturday we went on a "nature walk" around our neighborhood. Giving ordinary things a glammed up name really makes the girls excited...a regular walk around the neighborhood, and they may not be too jazzed...a nature walk, and they're all over it! A lot of the trees in our area are starting to change colors (what's better than that, really?), so we picked lots of leaves.


And then Hadley had the best time playing in the leaves in our yard...when we bathed that night, I found little bits of leaves tangled in her hair!

 
We also worked on some fun fall crafts. I'm not a very crafty person, but there are so many resources these days on simple things to do or make with your children. One of our favorite things to do each fall is to simply paint pumpkins. I buy the smaller ones for Lily, and she has the best time with that.
 


The final product...I know I'm biased, but I really do think she's a good little artist. She chose to do stripes herself, and I love the way it turned out!

 
I love doing any kind of craft that involves the shape or print of my girls' hands...those are always so special to me, and I can never get rid of them...it's fun (and bittersweet) to see the size of their hands change over the years when you pull out old projects they've done! So, while Hadley napped Saturday and Sunday, Lily and I worked on this paper plate witch craft. You can find the link below. Michelle has lots of fun and simple ideas for things to do with your kids.
 
 



 
///
 
Hadley is quickly reminding me that two is such a fun age. I love seeing her personality come through more and more.
 


 
///
 
I randomly found this recipe for tuna salad a few years ago and have been making it ever since. It's so different from your regular tuna salad, and I really love the flavors. It's good with crackers or on a sandwich with cheese melted on top.
 
I doubled the recipe below, and it made enough for us to have sandwiches Saturday and Sunday.
 
Barbie's Tuna Salad
{Allrecipes.com}
 
1 (7 ounce) can white tuna, drained and flaked
6 tablespoons mayonnaise or salad dressing
1 tablespoon Parmesan cheese (I used grated)
3 tablespoons sweet pickle relish
1/8 teaspoon dried minced onion flakes
1/4 teaspoon curry powder
1 tablespoon dried parsley
1 teaspoon dried dill weed
1 pinch garlic powder
 
In a medium bowl, stir together the tuna, mayonnaise, Parmesan cheese, and onion flakes. Season with curry powder, parsley, dill and garlic powder. Mix well.
 
///
 
Hope everyone has a great Monday!


2 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness, I've been making Barbie's tuna salad for a few years and love it! Anything with curry powder is a win in my book.

    ReplyDelete